The LTC8705/8706/8707/8708 devices are single-, dual-, and quad- channel comparators with open-drain output that are ideal for power-sensitive, low-voltage applications. Featuring a nano-power (typical 350 nA), fast 12 μs propagation delay, and a wide range of supply voltages from 1.7 V to 5.5 V with rail-to-rail common-mode voltage range makes the LTC8705/8706/8707/8708 an ideal choice for a wide variety of portable electronics applications, such as handsets, tablets, notebooks and portable devices that have extremely power constraints and tight board space.
The output limits supply current surges and dynamic power consumption while switching.The open-drain output of the LTC8705/8706/8707/8708 can be used as a level-shifter using a pull-up resistor. It can also be used as a wired-OR logic. All input and output pins can tolerate a continuous short-circuit fault condition to either rail. Internal hysteresis ensures clean output switching, even with slow-moving input signals.
The LTC8705/LTC8707 (single) is available in both SOT23-5L and SC70-5L packages. The LTC8706 (dual) is offered in both SOIC-8L and MSOP-8L packages. The quad-channel LTC8708 is offered in both SOIC-14L and TSSOP-14L packages. All devices are rated over -40 ℃ to +85 ℃ industrial temperature range.
- Nanopower Operating Current (350 nA) Preserves Battery Power
- Propagation Delay: 12 μs (100-mV Overdrive)
- Rail-to-Rail Input
- Open-drain Output Current Drive: 30 mA Typically at 5V Supply
- Internal Hysteresis for Clean Switching
- Internal RF/EMI Filter
- Single 1.7 V to 5.5 V Supply Voltage Range
– Can be Powered From the Same 1.8V/2.5V/3.3V/5V System Rails
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 ℃ to +85 ℃